Last month, the 120-page trade paperback collection of Pj Perez’s The Utopian debuted. And this Saturday, Jan. 22, Perez and cover artist Hernan Valencia celebrate its release at Alternate Reality Comics in Las Vegas. From noon to 3 p.m., you’ll not only be able to pick up and get signed your copy of The Utopian, you’re also encouraged to bring donations for The Shade Tree shelter for women, children and pets. Donors will receive raffle tickets to win fabulous prizes from Alternate Reality and Pop! Goes the Icon.
In addition to the above event, here are some other places you can find the talents behind your favorite indie comics across the country in the coming months:
- Jan. 21, Sunrise Coffee, Las Vegas – Pj Perez will be selling and signing copies of The Utopian at a benefit for Spread the Word Nevada from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Feb. 26, Comix Revolution, Mt. Prospect, Ill. – Omega Comics Presents contributor Russell Lissau will join Trevor Mueller to promote Hope: The Hero Initiative, a benefit for the Hero Initiative charity, from 2 to 4 p.m.
- March 18-20, Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, Chicago – Russell Lissau and OCP collaborator John Bivens will both be guests at this second annual comic fest.
- April 16-17, Stumptown Comics Fest, Portland, Ore. – Pj Perez will be exhibiting at the Northwest’s largest creator-focused comic book convention all weekend.
- May 26-29, Phoenix Comicon, Phoenix – Tales from the Boneyard contributors F. Andrew Taylor and Pj Perez will be holding court in the small press section of the Southwest’s biggest pop culture convention.