Bumbling bandits. A down-on-his-luck super-criminal. A hitman with demonic visions. A boy afraid of the monster under his bed. The only human girl in a class of space aliens. These are just some of the compelling characters populating The Best of Omega Comics Presents Volume 2, a collection of seven standalone stories from the second volume of our grab-bag, new talent anthology series that’s been called “imaginative,” “entertaining” and downright “ballsy.”
Since 2010, Omega Comics Presents has provided a highly visible platform for underexposed comic book creators. Behind the quirky stories of mobster ghosts, stranded astronauts and wartime vampires area number of creators who have gone on to find success both with independent endeavors and mainstream projects, including Jason Copland (Kill All Monsters, POP), Ed Brisson (Murder Book, Sheltered) and John Bivens (Dark Engine, Old Wounds).
The Best of Omega Comics Presents Volume 2 weighs in at 132 pages for only $17.95 and features seven distinctive stories in both full-color and black-and-white:
- “Bluetick & Redbone: In Good Spirits” by Alex De-Gruchy and Marvin Mann
- “Down Time” by Russell Lissau and Justin Castaneda
- “Stranger” by Russell Lissau and Dirk I. Tiede
- “Los Ojos” by Trevor Mueller and Francesco Iaquinta
- “Hard Time” by Russell Lissau and Justin Castaneda
- “Calypso” by Russell Lissau and Marvin Mann
- “Sweet Dreams” By Russell Lissau and Christine Larsen
The Best of Omega Comics Presents Volume 2 hits comic book store shelves Sept. 28, and can be pre-ordered by July 18 using Diamond order code JUL161850. To find a comic shop near you, visit comicshoplocator.com.